1. If a student remains absent for a test or an examination on account of ill health, a medical certificate will have to be produced, preferably on the same day to the earliest in appropriate time . However, please do not send pupils who are ill, even if there is a test. No sick child will be allowed to give a test.
2. Due consideration will be given for day to day work including projects,homework, worksheets, class participation, good conduct, and communicating skills
3. All projects, which are evaluated for internal assessment, should be necessarily done by them in the school, under the supervision of the teacher concerned . No readymade projects are acceptable and such projects will not be evaluated .However inputs from parents will improve the child’s understanding or implementation of projects, are welcome.
4. Student’s should bring all necessary materials such as pencils, pen, rulers,Erasers Instrument boxes etc. No body will be allowed to borrow things as it would causes disturbance and in convenience to others.
5. Students are not expected to indulge in any malpractice such as cheating in the examination, stealing blank answer sheets ,asking others for answers copying etc. Any body found reported to indulge in any such mal practice will be awarded Zero.
6. No text books or note books or other papers are to be brought to the examination hall. students found copying or using unfair means during the examinations or discovered subsequently are punishable with expulsion from the examination hall, cancellation of all the papers and dismissal of the student.
7. The minimum marks required:
- Pass 35% (For Std IX & X)
- Grade I 45%and above & below 60%
- Grade II 60% and above & below 75%
- Distinction 75% and above
8. Open House : The result of the examination and unit tests will be entered in the progress report after every examination or test is held Parents are requested to sign and return it to the authorities in confirmation of their having seen it. If the parent want to see the last term exam papers(final exam) they have to give the written application to the principal and (will be shown) same within 7 working days (Applicable only for approved applications).
9. Under the new scheme of evaluation, a students performance is assessed on the behavioral out comes
– Formative Evaluation
Internal Assessment is based on class work, home assignments, worksheets ,oral. The project method is evaluated through regular class work and appraisal. Emphasis is on experimental and participative learning.
– Summative Evaluation
Written paper & Orals.
10. Students of from Std 1 to Std 8 will be promoted to the next class at the end of the academic year if minimum learning competencies in the basic school subjects are achieved i.e grade C2.
11. All matters regarding Promotions are left entirely to the discretion of the
Headmaster / Headmistress and his/her decisions shall be final.
12. In the case of S. S. C., examinations, the forms are filled in advance for
convenience only and the School authorities reserve the right to withdraw
said examination forms if the conduct or attendance of the pupil is not found
13. The school gives exposure to the following competitive exams:
a) Scholarship Exams
b) Buddhishali Exam
c) Tap the Talent Exam
Technology Use and Policy
Students are responsible for appropriate behavior on school computer network just as they are in classroom or school hallways. The JVHS network consists of all computers and connected peripherals used on the JVHS campus. This includes all personal computing and communications on the network are often public in nature. General school rules for behavior and communications apply.The network is provided for students to conduct research and communicate with others. Access to network service is given to students with an understanding that they will act in a considerate and responsible manner. Access is a privilege not a right.Access entails responsibility. Individual users of the school’s computer networks are responsible for their behavior and communications over those networks. It is presumed that users will comply with school standards in a honourable and respectable manner. Beyond the clarification of such standard , the school is notresponsible for restricting, monitoring, or controlling the communications of individuals utilizing the network.Network storage areas may be treated like school lockers. Network administrators may review files and communications to maintain system and ensure that users are using responsibly. Users should not expect that files stored on school servers will always be private. Within reason, freedom of speech and access to information will be honoured. During school, teacher will guide students toward appropriate materials. Outside of school, families bear the same responsibility for such guidance as they exercise with information sources such as television, telephones, movies, radio and other potentially offensive media.
Students who use the internet are expected to adhere to the following guidelines for good network manners. Here are some examples of bad network manners:
a) Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures.
b) Opening another person’s folder ,file or Email Id without permission from the author
c) Damaging computers, computer systems, software, or computer networks.
d) Using obscene language.
e) Copying someone else’s work
f) Intentionally wasting limited resources and altering computer settings
g) Using another person’s ID or password.
School Fees Policy
- We fully understand and accept that the fees are required to be paid on or before our child joins Jawahar Vidyalaya High School and thereafter each year before the commencement of the Academic Year, or as and when demanded before the intimated due date and that the fee once paid, shall not be refunded in any case whatsoever. We also understand that while school management may at its sole discretion, permit or grant the facility to pay the fees in one or more installments, the same does not in any manner vest any right in the parents to demand for making payment of fees by way of installments. We are aware and agree that the management has granted parents / guardians to pay the fees in installments and are payable every month on or before due date i.e. 15th day of every month.However same facility can be revoked by the management without any notice and general practice for collection of fees shall be executed for which we shall have no objection with this regards whatsoever now or in future till my ward is studying in the school.
- We hereby agree, confirm and accept that the fees being charged by Jawahar Vidyalaya High School is/are at their discretion and understand and irrevocably accept, that the Jawahar Vidyalaya High School Management has right to increase/revise the fees each year without any prior notice and for which increase in fees, and/or change in fee structure, as may be required from time to time in view of change in government policies and/or the economic conditions(including, but not limited to, inflation etc..) and we will not object to, or file anycomplaint or grievance before any authority and hereby give our unconditional and irrevocable consent for the same.
- We are aware and agree that , In case of cheque(s) dishonored , the payment will have to be remade separately by cash immediately with a surcharge of Rs.500/- with each cheque(s) dishonored and late payment fees shall be charged separately in case payment is received after due date.
- We agree that the school fees must be paid by cash or Ac/pay cheque(s) or pay order only in favour of Jawahar Vidyalaya.
- We understand and accept that our children may be expelled or removed from Jawahar Vidyalaya High School for nonpayment of Fees/dues.No student whose fees remain unpaid in full or in part will not be allowed to sit for the School / Board examination or participate in any of its activities. No internal,Examination result, reports , transfer certificates, leaving certificates , Bonafide certificate. or recommendations to future schools / colleges will be issued to such students or parents. Leaving certificate will be issued only after full and complete payment of outstanding dues for the term are made. Application for withdrawal must be submitted atleast one month prior to the end of the term or commencement of admission All unpaid fees must be paid.
- We will deposit the school fees on or before the prescribed date. In case of noncompliance, at the end of 30 days, the name of the student will be struck from the register without any Notice to Parent / Guardian (Applicable for selected standards).
- School fees must strictly paid at clerk office /cashier counter of the school only and copy of the receipt must be obtained and preserved for future reference.
- Any statutory taxes, if made applicable and/or if increased and/or for any facility provided by the institute, shall have to be borne and shall have to be paid by parents from time to time.
- If the fee not paid on or before the stipulated last date a late fee will be charged @Rs.100/- per week . Irrelevant to the day of the week after due date the payment is made.
- Admission fee once paid to the institute will not be refunded / non -transferable/non – adjustable /non – refundable whatsoever under any circumstances or for any reason whatsoever, including where a student withdraws admission or communicates his/her intension not to attend the institute at any time before scheduled commencement of year or where after joining the institute, a student withdraws admission or leaves the institute before the end of that year.
- The entire school fees can be paid in advance for full year.
- Where two children or more of one parent studying in the school and fee(s) of any one child or more is due. The school authority will not allow children of such parent to sit in the class till all the due fee(s) of all the child are cleared and L.C will not be issued for all the children including absentee and fee defaulters.
- Caution Money Deposit (CMD) : The parents are required to pay CMD. amount for their each ward studying in the school. This amount is 100% refundable once the student passes 10th STD or Applies for Leaving Certificate. This amount shall be 100% refunded except under following circumstances :-
- a) Default in School Fees
- b) Damage to School Property
- c) Withdraw of admission not taken as per rules of the school.
- d) Original Receipt is not submitted back or is lost.
PS Note : No interest will be paid on CMD Amount to the parent. The management reserves the right to block or utilize this amount till entire fees is due from the parent.