Technology Use Policy
Internet and Network Rules
Students are responsible for appropriate behaviour on school computer network just as they are in classroom or school hallways. The JVHS network consists of all computers and connected peripherals used on the JVHS campus. This includes all personal computing and communications on the network are often public in nature. General school rules for behaviour and communications apply. The network is provided for students to conduct research and communicate with others. Access to network service is given to students with an understanding that they will act in a considerate and responsible manner. Access is a privilege not a right. Access entails responsibility. Individual users of the school’s computer networks are responsible for their behaviour and communications over those networks. It is presumed that users will comply with school standards in a honourable and respectable manner. Beyond the clarification of such standard, the school is not responsible for restricting, monitoring, or controlling the communications of individuals utilizing the network. Network storage areas may be treated like school lockers. Network administrators may review files and communications to maintain system and ensure that users are using responsibly. Users should not expect that files stored on school servers will always be private. Within reason, freedom of speech and access to information will be honoured. During school, teacher will guide students toward appropriate materials. Outside of school, families bear the same responsibility for such guidance as they exercise with information sources such as television, telephones, movies, radio and other potentially offensive media.
If any students, without permission of the owner or any other person who is in charge of a Computer, Computer System or Computer Network, does any of the following things (mentioned below) :
- Access or securing access to such computer, computer system or computer network;
- Downloading, copying or extracting any data, or information from such computer, computer system or computer network;
- Introducing or causing to be introduced any computer contaminant or virus into any computer, computer system or computer network;
- Damaging or causing to be damaged any computer, computer system or computer network;
- Disrupting or causing disruption of any computer, computer system or computer network;
- Denying or causing the denial of access to any person authorized to access any computer, computer system or computer network by any means;
- Providing any assistance to any person to facilitate access to a computer, computer system or computer network in contravention of the provisions of the Act, rules or regulations made there under.
A student who is found to be guilty of any offence or fails to furnish document, return and or report to the school authority / the management, is liable to a penalty as shall be decided by the school authority / The Management at the time of the offence is brought to notice and same shall be final.